Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Weekend

I have some great friends!

Friday was my birthday and I was treated to lunch by my co-workers and then that evening I curled up on the couch and watched several of the shows that I had recorded on the DVR. (Brian was out of town for his family reunion.)

Saturday I ran errands and then met up with my friend Julie at the mall to watch the movie "Orphan". The movie was horrible, but Julie and I got quite a few laughs out of it and enjoyed dinner at Tin Star - which more than made up for the 2 hours wasted in the theatre.

Sunday, the plan was to have my friend Nola come over and pick up some Mary Kay and then go to lunch. When she arrived, I was happily surprised to see that my friend Wendy (who lives up North) was with her! What I didn't know was that Brian had helped them coordinate the surprise before he left for his trip. Wendy had brought gifts not only for my birthday, but also shower gifts since she won't be in town for the actual shower next weekend. After opening gifts we went to lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and watching a couple of movies.

What a great birthday weekend! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends!

No comments: