Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nothing says Thanksgiving like Mexican Food!

I made my first authentic Mexican dinner for Brian and his parents for Thanksgiving. I know you're asking yourself why on earth didn't she just make your typical turkey and fixings for Thanksgiving? Because on Sunday we would be going to Brian's step sister's house for traditional Thanksgiving with her and the rest of Brian's family. I thought this would be a great opportunity to cook authentic Mexican food for Brian's parents and to see if I could actually pull it off. I made Mexican beans (my cousin's recipe), Spanish rice and enchiladas and we also had tamales that Brian bought. Everything turned out great and I proved that I actually do have Mexican blood running through these veins!


Time to eat!


Watching the Cowboy game after dinner


Aidan with his new best friend

No comments: