Saturday, May 2, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I participated in Habitat for Humanity last week along with several of my co-workers and students from our school. There was also another volunteer group from Cadbury and unfortunately they didn't bring us any of those wonderful Cadbury eggs! We were assigned a house that was just in the beginning stages of being built. Most of the day was spent nailing the wood siding (OSB) to the frame of the house, although I think I only hammered in 2 nails all day! I had a whole group of 'mother hens' around me making sure that I didn't over do it in my 'delicate condition'. Unfortunately, I still got injured, but nothing serious. One of the OSB boards was falling and I thought I could catch it with my hand and needless to say the board won. Kit (my supervisor/nurse) took great care of me and wrapped up my arm. I was very excited to learn that I was the worst injury of the day (me and my competive nature)! As excited as I was to be the worst injury, my doctor was not as happy. I had my week 18 sonogram later on that day and he noticed my wrapped arm and upon telling him what happened I was severely scolded for being there in the first place. I told him I barely worked and wore a lovely bright green protective helmet the entire time, but he was not impressed. Fortunately, he was impressed with the sonogram and the baby is doing great!


Water break


Lunch time (I even ate lunch with my hat on!)


Group shot

No comments: