Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hometown Visit

After going to my family reunion, we went to my hometown of Sioux City, Iowa to visit my best friend Patti. We arrived Sunday evening and Patti finally got to meet Morgan. It was love at first sight. We had a nice evening at her house and Patti had Morgan laughing so hard, we were all laughing. Monday, we drove by my old house, which is now located in a bad neighborhood, with a lot of overgrown trees and bushes. Our old neighbor's house was in bad shape as well and the garage was even tagged in the back. It broke my heart to see my old house and the neighborhood look so bad. We also drove by old elementary school, which is now closed and the pool that we used to go to almost every day during the summer. We also went by the church that I grew up in and thankfully it hasn't changed at all. It was a lot of fun to drive around and visit the old stomping grounds and to show Brian where I grew up. After the 'tour', we went by Patti's work so that her co-workers could meet Morgan.


Patti & Morgan


Connor, Patti & Morgan


Belly Laughing (that was one very funny cat!)


Irving Elementary School


Childhood Home


Childhood Home


Childhood Home (back)


Neighbor's Garage


Childhood Church

No comments: